The discord server runs an invite-only model for new members. This will hopefully reduce the number of disruptive members joining and will allow us to ensure that new members are here to contribute to the community. The private research area has been moved to a new server, this is also invite-only and has a higher entry requirement.
This separation should mean that the R&D server will be less populated and therefore less noisy. In addition to this, we will have a zero-tolerance policy on the R&D server, whereas the general Club server will maintain its existing 3 strike policy.
Should a member feel that they are not being treated with sufficient respect within the community they may raise this with any Admin or directly with the Owners. Any issues raised will be dealt with in confidence and investigated in line with our standards of conduct, as outlined below.
The list of members with invitations to the server is available here
By joining and taking part in The Many Hats Club you accept and agree to this rule set. Should you need to report any of the below behaviors, please reach out to any of the Owners or Admins. Your report will be investigated immediately.
THREE STRIKES AND YOU ARE OUT
A user shall be given the opportunity to correct their unacceptable behavior three times. If they fail to do so, their continued involvement in the club shall be put to a vote by the Admins.
- Persistent & unreasonable criticism targeted at an individual
- Discriminatory comments towards an individual or group
- Spreading malicious rumors about an individual
- Insulting an individual without provocation
- Harassing an individual that has requested you not interact with them
- Offensive comments or "jokes" that would not be appropriate in a work environment
THE ONE AND DONE
A user shall be given one opportunity to correct their unacceptable behavior. If they fail to do so, their continued involvement in the club shall be revoked.
- Direct threats of violence
- Aggressive or abusive behavior towards an individual or group
- Racist comments or "jokes"
- Rape based comments or "jokes"
- Derogatory comments or "jokes" towards any religion
- Publishing, circulating, or displaying; racist, sexually suggestive, gore or otherwise offensive material or pictures
WE WILL INVESTIGATE UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR OUTSIDE OF THE CLUB SERVERS IF REPORTED WHEN A CRIMINAL CONVICTION IS PRESENT FOR ONE OF THE PREVIOUSLY LISTED OFFENSES