(...) that's what DerbyCon is about: what can we do to help you change the industry for the better and that you have an amazing, epic time (...)
On this fine Thursday night/evening/afternoon we have been visited by Dave Kennedy a.k.a. @HackingDave, and what a night/evening/afternoon it was! He shared some stories from the past, present and some of the future happenings at DerbyCon:
- being a hacker at school and moving to being a Marine,
- breaking into infosec: consulting, writing tools, first talks, TrustedSec
- The road to 8 DerbyCons
- The state of the red teaming market, what red teaming actually is and the juicy details on penetration testing and vulnerability assessment,
- Which Doctor is the best Doctor.
During the talk Dave also offered to donate to us 5 tickets for DerbyCon - and here's what happened:
- We gave one ticket to a person in need (yes, because we like to help),
- We raised $1,675 for the Diana Initiative,
- We raised $645 for The Innocent Lives Foundation,
- We raised $550 for DerbyCon MEntal HEalth and Wellnes Workshop
- And, it's still going: last ticket for Rural Tech Fund
You are an amazing community - and together we are making a change. Thank you for that!
(...) the information security is my hobby and is my life, but so is my family (...), (...) as a community we can do a lot of great things to change what we see out there today and make the world a better place when it coemes to technology (...), (...) if you don't enjoy doing work - change it (...),
...plus some elevator music and car adventures.Listen here: download
Hosted by CyberSecStu, podcast production: Meadow, PizzaTheHutt.