(...) There's always plenty of war stories and fun things pentesters have done but I think 44con is one of the things I'm happiest with (...)
On our birthday week we got a present: Steve Lord despite being busy with oncoming 44CON has found some time to talk to us about everything around the conference, and also:
- the good old days - his way into computers and how it's different starting down that road today,
- how to start on hardware hacking,
- fascinating world of hardware security and - is it more interesting than software/network security?
- security of public infrastructures plus some war stories,
- more 44CON: 44COIN CTF, the assistance program, how our talk submissions are processed by the team and last but not least, helping to fight food poverty.
(...) A CTF, where we're gonna have our own alternate reality game, starring cryptocurrency visionary Don McFlurry (...), (...) If Cyber Essentials was a race horse it would be called Soon-To-Be-Glue (...), (...) taking over an entire countery in tems of their communications' networks (...), (...) wherever there's a mainframe there wil be link a something else, to something else, to the Internet (...)
Episode related resources:
- What is 44Con anyway: https://44con.com/about/
- 44CON assistance tickets (now closed, but for reference we include it as we think this is something worth mentioning): https://44con.com/44con-assistance-tickets/
- 44CON community (free!) evening: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/44con-2018-community-evening-tickets-49188102940
- The HIDiot: https://rawhex.com/collections/hidiot-kits/products/hidiot-kit
Hosted by CyberSecStu, podcast production: Meadow, PizzaTheHutt.