(2018-11-23): technology, mental health, surviving in infosec
[00:28:02] Best thing you can do about yourself is, you be you. Don't hide yourself. Stop hating yourself
Before we all have found out that we are all notdan we had the notdan, Infosec Cartoon Doggo, Professional Shitposter and, foremost, expert on many things security as a guest on our famous podcast. Notdan's fire for technology started when parents grounded him and he found a way to bypass the password. Started from BBSes and, as one thing led to another, security has became his thing, especially network intrustion. A broad spectrum of topic have been mentioned:
- tips for making a break in infosec;
- a take on responsible disclosure*;
- horror stories: bad full disclosures;
- notdan and Tesla: a love story;
- Twitter infosec community; detox and taking breaks from infosec;
- mental health;
- DDoS mitigation/network intrusion stories;
plus, as always, lots of side quest - you need to hear it to believe it!
Teasers and otherwise
- [00:07:40] Keep going with your passion, and use the jobs which closely align with your passion and go along with it." - notdan
Learn and progress. It takes time to be a hacker;
- *[00:36:15] Tesla is the next Apple;
- [00:48:12] If you are in the dark place and trying to reach out, take a leap of faith and just go for it and get help. Half measures isn't gonna help. Ignoring it isn't an option.