(2019-01-06): pirates, social engineering, awareness
(00:01:27) Started working in anti piracy intelligence off the coast of Somalia, which is a bit abnormal for a straight out of university, blonde middle class girl.
We were joined by Lisa Forte one evening a long time ago, where she shared her awesome expereince and background everything from Anti-Piracy Intelligence, working in Intelligence Services, Cyber Units in the UK Police Force and starting Red Goat Cyber. In our talk we covered the following:
- Hunting Pirates (yes actual pirates!). Can I get an arrrrrgh?
- Intelligence gathering, and counter intelligence techniques
- Lisa and Stu shared some Social Engineering war stoires
- The power of training
- Cyber War Room Simulations
- Public Speaking
- What makes this community great!
Stu rates this talk in his top 10.
Something to get you interested:
- (00:21:01) "Sometimes you really need a safe word.."
- (00:45:54) "Situational awareness is really important, this is something I've been trying to get accross to my own family."
Also please check out Red Goat Cyber SecurityListen here: download