(2019-03-07): containers and k8s, DevOps and security
[00:27:49] Don't sell yourselves short in terms of what knowledge you have
Before the world turned all to geese we had Ian Coldwater as a guest on our famous podcast talking all things Kubernetes. They started in a purely DevOps role and moved into infosec from there. Ian also proves that you can be a full time mom and go back to work and rock it!
Important note: Ian talks about Girls Taking Over and how you should DM them - DO NOT, please contact CTF_Circle instead.
- moving from pure developer environment to devsecops;
- how did Ian get into hacking k8s, toolsets, labs;
- public speaking, making your talk interesting;
- Twitter community: the good, the bad and the ugly;
- Rant of the Episode: how DevOps people think infosec is full of toxic people;
interleaved with questions from the audience.
- [00:05:35] hacking really appeals to me [...] it's really cool that I can do work that I really love and get paid for it; and the people in infosec are really great;
- [00:13:20] like a lot of other pentesting work - you want a sexy 0day, you end up with admin/admin;
- [00:58:54] let's find ways to not be seen as awful jerks and blockers because I don't think that we are that, I think we're better than that