2019-04-11: DFIR, martial arts, breaking into infosec
[01:16:55] Do you know how annoying it is to clean a sword?
A second episode of this night, and this time we had a pleasure to guest Lesley Carhart, a.k.a. hacks4pancakes: a master of many skills, currently this is ICS in terms of prevention and DFIR. She hacks for pancakes (you need to search for this story!), she knows how to operate a sword and is a full spectrum cyber-warrior princess. This episode had many highlights, such as:
- a farm in Illinois, USA via military service (still a reservist) to today's information security;
- great things about infosec twitter, burnouts;
- martial arts, weapons, movies and games!
- breaking into infosec;
- Rant Of The Episode: the importance of basics in security;
and lots of questions from the audience.
- [00:31:21] passion is important but passion can also lead to burnout
- [00:44:02] Oh my weapons list! Oh I've never been asked about that on a podcast before
- [00:51:25] you don't have to be like a programmer and you don't have to be a network engineer but you need to have a solid foundation in all those different things to be really good at security